Regular readers of the Journal will know that over the past year we have drawn your attention to many of the varied things that are available to all u3a members nationally.
Below is a summary of the things we have covered:
• Click and Save – this allows u3a members to buy a range of Gift Cards and eGift Cards at a reduced cost. You do not need to use the Gift Card or eGift Card yourself and so this is something you might want to consider with Christmas just around the corner. Please see the February Journal for more details or log onto the Tonbridge u3a website at https://www.tonbridgeu3a.uk/membership/benefits
• Interest Groups Online (IGO) – this is an online u3a community that allows you to join groups, talks and courses from the comfort of your home. It costs £12 per year to join. Further details can be found at https:// www.u3a.org.uk/learning/interest-groups-online
• Online learning events – these events are available free of charge to u3a members nationally and therefore should not be confused with Interest Groups Online. New events are added regularly. To find out what is available currently and how to register for any specific event you are interested in, please go to https://www.u3a.org.uk/events/educationalevents
• The monthly u3a radio podcast - this features interviews with members, interest group leaders, Trustees, national volunteers and Subject Advisers. It is available to listen to on the u3a YouTube channel and is also available on podcasting platforms including Spotify, Google Podcasts and Apple Podcasts. Further details can be found at https:// www.u3a.org.uk/news/u3a-radio-podcast
• The weekly maths challenge – the current challenge and those for all prior weeks, plus solutions, can be found at https://www.u3a.org.uk/ learning/national-programmes/maths-challenge
• Other learning activities –the current selection of activities can be found at https://www.u3a.org.uk/learning/national-programmes
Nationally run events . . . and more.
From January 2024, the Journal will no longer highlight what is available nationally but will include a short reminder so you don’t forget to peruse the national u3a website to see what is available to you.
Please send any comments you may have to Rosemary Martin using the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details including how to book your place on the above events, please go to the national u3a website - https://www.u3a.org.uk/events/u3a-week